Church of St. Maximilian

The church was built in the 15th century where Bishop Maximilian had supposedly died as a martyr in 184.

Over centuries, the church was rebuilt and extended several times, and it got its present appearance in the second half of the 19th century. In the 16th century, Vicar Primož Trubar stayed here for some time and half-length statue made by sculptor Boris Kalin (1950) is thus included in the church.
Very close to the church is the Maximilian’s Chapel from the 17th century.

TIC Celje
Krekov trg 3
3000 Celje
+386 (0)3 428 79 36, +386 (0)31 610 537
+386 (0)3 428 79 31